We visit any schools or groups here in fenland to deliver talks or recycling activities for free or can e-meet your group if you prefer.
Email gettingi[email protected] with your groups name, location, how many people and some potential dates we will get back to you asap.
Join in with our Inspector Blue Mystery competition
Watch our virtual recycling workshop here filmed at home by our Getting It Sorted Volunteers.
How your recycling gets sorted here in Cambridgeshire!
Check to see if you are recycling everything from your home
Childrens education downloadable packs for at school or at home.
Key stage 1 & younger years pack includes:
- Recycling Song – learn about recycling, wash, squash, scrunch and save to help benefit the earth. Improve vocabulary and actions can be added to improve co-ordination skills
- Recycle at Home – start to learn about recycling with this simple cut and paste co-ordination activity. Start to notice different colour bins and what they might mean
- Bathroom Recycling and Kitchen Recycling – investigation skills and drawing skills the items that can be recycled from your home
- Dustcart Challenge – basic problem solving and think about the types of things that go in the recycling bin
- Word Searches – improve vocabulary and searching skills. We have also linked the items to where they should go to be disposed of.
- Recycling Hero Challenge – imagination development, motor-skills development and learn how to help reduce recycling contamination and littering issues
- ANSWERS – just in case
Keystage 2 packs include:
- Can and Can’t Be Recycled and Which Bin Do These Go In – investigation and co-ordination skills development
- Time to Waste – decomposition activity designed to help show how long common items take to break down. Motor-skill development, social and vocabulary skills encourage discussion when participating in this activity
- Justin’s Recycling Adventure – basic storyboard, drawing and developing recycling knowledge and imagination
- Word Searches – improve vocabulary and searching skills. We have also linked the items to where they should go to be disposed of
- Recycling Mistakes – investigation skills, problem solving skills and art skills development
- Recycling Crossword – increase vocabulary, problem solving and learn more about environmental issues
- Waste Hierarchy – problem solving, discussion skills development
- Time to Waste – decomposition activity designed to help show how long common items take to break down. Motor skill development, social and vocabulary skills encourage discussion when participating in this activity
- Answers – just in case
Key stage 3 & Older pack includes:
- A Test of Strength – team building and problem-solving skills. Material composition and basic construction understanding
- Dive Machine – team building and problem-solving skills, buoyancy experiment. Plastic pollution facts
- The Flying Machine – team building and problem-solving skills, facts about common recyclable items to provoke discussion
- The Musical Instrument – team building and problem-solving skills, facts about common recyclable items to provoke discussion and maths skill
- What Goes Where Game – can be done individually or as groups. Look at the differences between individuals/groups and see how it can be confusing to recycle. Problem solving & motor skills
- Answers – Just in case
Just for Fun
Tales of Snackland – make your own fairy, knight and dragon from hard to recycle items and create your own recycling adventure!
Make your own recycled Christmas Decorations